- This event has passed.
BIPOC Woman Business Navigator
March 17 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 amFree
This 12-week cohort provides technical guidance to 10-12 women of color who are either at the pre-start or very early stages of their entrepreneurial journey.
Each 90 minute, in-person session will be facilitated by Grace Mo-Phillips, WBC Business Advisor.
Through practical business training and peer discussions, participants help one another define and refine their business ideas, identify where the opportunities and challenges lie, and develop strategies to overcome barriers in starting or growing their business.
At the end of the cohort, participants will have a clearly defined business plan using the Business Model Canvas. Participants will also learn about available resources to help take their business to the next level.
Who should participate: This program is open to women in Maine who are Black, Brown, Indigenous and from other diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds who want to start or grow their own business. This program will be conducted in English.
Location: In-person at the CEI Women’s Business Center, 2 Portland Fish Pier, Suite 201, Portland, ME 04101
- Friday, March 17th: 10-11:30am
- Friday, March 24th: 10-11:30am
- Friday, March 31st: 10-11:30am
- Friday, April 7th: 10-11:30am
- Friday, April 14th: 10-11:30am
- (No Session on Friday, April 21st)
- Friday, April 28th: 10-11:30am
- Friday, May 5th: 10-11:30am
- Friday, May 12th: 10-11:30am
- Friday, May 19th: 10-11:30am
- Friday, May 26th: 10-11:30am
- Friday, June 2nd: 10-11:30am
- Friday, June 9th: 10-11:30am
Fee: No Cost
- March 17
10:00 am - 11:30 am
- Event Category:
- Classes and Workshops
- Event Tags:
- Community Event
- Coastal Enterprises, Inc. Women’s Business Center
- View Organizer Website
- CEI Women’s Business Center South
2 Portland Fish Pier
Portland, ME 04101 United States + Google Map
- View Venue Website
Intentional Business: Create a Strategy to Drive ChangeApril 4 @ 8:30 am - 10:00 am
International Trade for Immigrant EntrepreneursApril 6 @ 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
Gardening Techniques for Plots, Raised Beds and GreenhousesApril 12 @ 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm