- This event has passed.
Friends, Family, Fools: Accepting Equity Investment from People You Know
March 16 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pmFree
Many entrepreneurs fund the early stages of their business with investments from friends, family, and other people in their personal and professional networks.
In this first part of a three-part series on equity investments, you’ll learn about the ins and outs of leveraging your network to raise equity for your business.
During this session, we’ll cover:
- What is equity, and how is it different than debt?
- What does it mean for your business to take on an equity investment? What are the different kinds of investments and their respective pros and cons?
- What should you consider when taking money from family or friends? What’s the impact now and in the future?
- What’s legal and what’s not?
- What can you do on your own, and when do you need professional support from a lawyer, tax advisor, or accountant?
We’ll leave time for Q&A at the end of the session.
If you have specific questions you’d like to make sure we cover, or a scenario you’d like us to generalize and use as an example, please email email@example.com.
This workshop will be presented by Robert Liscord, Brittany Michaud, and Doug Ginn of Drummond Woodsum.
- March 16
12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
- Event Category:
- Classes and Workshops
- Event Tags:
- Coastal Enterprises, Inc. Women’s Business Center
- View Organizer Website
- Online via Zoom
30 Federal St
Brunswick, ME 04011 United States + Google Map
Intentional Business: Create a Strategy to Drive ChangeApril 4 @ 8:30 am - 10:00 am
International Trade for Immigrant EntrepreneursApril 6 @ 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
Easter Outdoor Sunrise ServiceApril 9 @ 5:00 am