Well it’s that time of year again when summer is behind us and we start looking ahead to another season of winter recreation. The Farmington Ski Club is looking forward to offering its members and the surrounding communities, a convenient and affordable place for families to enjoy winter snow sports.
Right now I would like to tell you about a couple of upcoming events:
Volunteer Days: Saturday Sept. 20 and Sept. 27 . (We are starting with these dates; we may schedule more.) If you have signed up within the last year to help with Building and Grounds projects please come to one or more of these dates. (Of course any member or friend of Titcomb can come and help too.)
Here is a partial list of tasks needed done before the snow flies:
• Building Maintenance: a number of buildings need to be scrapped and stained. The white trim on the lodge and other buildings is long overdue.
• Firewood: cut firewood needs to be stacked in the wood shed behind the lodge. Additional trees along the trails need to be cut, transported down and split.
• Nordic Trail Maintenance: all trails need to be inspected, most trails need to be brushed back 3 to 10 feet of bushes or low hanging branches, some trails (like George’s Woodlot) need serious trimming.
• Alpine Slope Maintenance: brush clearing around snowmaking pipes and lift lines, rocks cleared off slopes
• Carpentry work: repair and/or build ski racks, picnic tables
What to bring:
• Please bring your own work clothes, gloves and brush clearing tools. We do have a supply of brushes, scrapers and will provide stain and paint.
• Children (with parental supervision) are welcome to participate.
Saturday, Sept. 20
UMF Student Service Day, a group of UMF students will be here from about 8:30 am till 12:30 pm working on various tasks around the lodge and grounds. (scrapping, painting, stacking firewood, cleaning lodge, etc.)
Please consider joining the UMF students and volunteering in the morning, we could use some club members to work with the students on specific tasks.
Email Titcomb is you can help at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pass Blast is scheduled for Wednesday, Oct. 22, 12- 6 pm, and Saturday, Oct. 25, 9 am to 4 pm.
Thanks for your continued support of the Farmington Ski Club and Titcomb Mountain.
Manager Titcomb Mountain