- This event has passed.
FocusME: Fall 2022 Cohort
October 6, 2022 @ 4:30 am - 6:30 pmFree
The CEI Women’s Business Center and the Portland SCORE Chapter are collaborating to host FocusME, a peer group for female entrepreneurs.
FocusME is a facilitated peer group that provides a supportive network of other female business owners; a place to work on personal and professional growth, a sense of accountability, and an opportunity to learn from your peers’ experiences and expertise.
Please note that in order to ensure that the group is filled with businesses that are non-competitive and in similar stages of growth the WBC will make the final recommendation with regards to participation. We will contact you to confirm your attendance and learn more about your business.
“FocusME helped me regain focus, set priorities, share common struggles and collaborate with a wonderful group of peers to strategize ideas for future resolution.”
How does it work?
A group of smart, savvy, female entrepreneurs meet ten times: eight times weekly for facilitated sessions focusing on business and personal growth, followed by two bi-weekly mile-marker check-ins. Participants lean on each other, give advice, share connections and experiences and form business relationships with each other if/when appropriate. You will be introduced to local resources that will help build your business and become connected to a broader network of services and fellow entrepreneurs.
Each session includes:
- A facilitated group discussion with a focus on personal development (topics include: goal setting, time management, pitching your business, and prioritizing)
- An opportunity to share business challenges and brainstorm solutions
- A “my turn” time which allows each member of the group to share something you’re working on and look to the group for input and accountability.
- Pairing of accountability partners to check-in with between sessions.
- October 6th, 4:30pm-6:30pm
- October 13th, 4:30pm-6:30pm
- October 20th, 4:30pm-6:30pm
- October 27th, 4:30pm-6:30pm
- November 3rd, 4:30pm-6:30pm
- November 10th, 4:30pm-6:30pm
- November 17th, 4:30pm-6:30pm
- (No session Nov 24th)
- December 1st, 4:30pm-6:30pm
- December 8th, 4:30pm-6:30pm
- December 15th, 4:30pm-6:30pm
The sessions will be facilitated by Leigh Tillman. Leigh works with groups facilitating decision-making, group processes, training and effective storytelling. As a female entrepreneur herself, Leigh is excited to team up with the CEI Women’s Business Center and SCORE to offer what we expect will prove to be a unique, rewarding, and candidly helpful series for all participants. You can learn more about her here.
Where will FocusME be held?
This program will be held virtually via Zoom.
Please note: We typically charge for our FocusME cohorts but, are offering our Fall 2022 FocusME programs for free.
If interested but unable to attend due to the time slot of the sessions, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- October 6, 2022
4:30 am - 6:30 pm
- Event Categories:
- Classes and Workshops, Special Events
- Event Tags:
- Community Event