Fire leaves family of six homeless Tuesday

1 min read

NEW SHARON – A family of six is left homeless after a fast-moving fire destroyed their uninsured home on the Swan Road Tuesday.

Firefighters were called to the Foster home at 11:30 this morning and found the mobile home fully engulfed in flames. New Sharon, Industry, Chesterville and Farmington departments responded to the call for help with tankers and firefighters.

After working the night shift, Bobbie Jo Foster was sound asleep when her husband Roger, a firefighter, woke her and told her to leave the home because it was on fire. Their daughter, Seaira Kelley, 18, said they believe the fire started in the electrical wires at a fuse box in the home. She added they had just completed building a new addition to the home for children’s bedrooms and had a new septic installed.

Two of the family’s cats died in the fire, Foster said. The home is located about one mile off Route 27. The American Red Cross was called in to assist the family who are now homeless.

“The house wasn’t insured,” Foster said with sadness. Kelley added that they had planned to put a new well in in the spring.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.