FARMINGTON – Healthy Community Coalition (HCC) announces its upcoming schedule of free Mobile Health Unit events in which a variety of health screenings and education will be offered at each event. Screenings offered include blood pressure and cholesterol checks and body composition analysis.
The July schedule is as follows:
• Wed. July 7, 10 a.m.-1:00 p.m., Fotter’s Market, Stratton;
• Wed. July 14, 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Rangeley IGA;
• Wed. July 21, 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Edmunds’ Market, Phillips;
• Wed. July 21, 2-5 p.m., Walmart, Farmington;
• Fri. July 23, 9 a.m.-noon, Chesterville Town Office;
• Wed. July 29, 10 a.m.- 1 p.m., Dollar General, Livermore Falls;
• Wed. July 29, 2-5 p.m., Food City, Wilton;
• Sat. July 31, noon-4 p.m., Farmington SummerFest.
The Johnson & Johnson single-dose COVID-19 vaccine will be available at the Phillips (July 21) and Chesterville (July 23) events.
Staff will also be available to offer assistance with mammography and annual physical exam scheduling, as well as assistance to help cover these costs. Information offered includes COVID-19, cancer prevention, substance use prevention, nutrition and physical activity resources, activities for youth, and tobacco recovery support.
Free fresh produce will be distributed when available, while supplies last.
All individuals attending will be required to wear a mask covering their nose and mouth.
To schedule an appointment or for more information contact Janis Walker at 779-2750 or firstname.lastname@example.org.